co.mobility launches on April 21st, 2020
Mobility is a big challenge in Belgium
The mobility issues our society faces today are too complex for a single company to solve. By assembling the ecosystem around a common co-creation program, co.mobility discovers and develops concrete mobility solutions throughout the course of a year.
Average time spent in traffic by belgians
of the mobility industry’s revenue will most likely be disrupted by 2030
The global demand for passenger mobility in urbanized areas is set to double by 2050
Belgians die per year because of pollution caused by traffic
Belgians could benefit from a mobility budget, instead of giving 500 000 people a salary car
Improving mobility for its users is a major challenge our society has faced for the past century. Climate change, urbanization, fiscal advantages for company cars, the general inefficiency of the public transportation system …, are just some of the causes that are putting massive stress on the Belgian mobility system.
However, new technology is being developed and novel mobility concepts are employed that radically change the playing field. It is up to us to take these formidable opportunities into our own hands and construct a new way of mobility, which is accessible, durable, intermodal, economically viable and answers to citizen’s needs.
co.mobility assembles the industry around a common interest with the aim of developing citizen-centric solutions for today’s mobility challenges. By using the complexity of the industry as an asset, we are able to develop solutions that just one single company could not create.
Our program guides a group of about 40 corporates, start-ups, scales ups, but also academics and industry experts, throughout a journey that leads to 8 mobility solutions and finally 4 prototypes.
Our result-oriented program leads to concrete mobility solutions
The program leads to 7 novel ideas of which 5 are chosen for prototyping, with extensive market validation. At the end of the program, the ecosystem launches start-ups, joint ventures or IP on the market. The 1-year co.mobility program follows Co.Station’s proven methodology inspired by
open innovation, co-creation and agile.
to members & challenges
From a challenge
to a business case
From a business case
to a prototype
From a prototype
to large scale testing
From Founders to members & challenges
co.mobility meticulously searches for the perfect start-ups, scale ups and corporates to join the program.
- Found 35 different members that can provide value to co.mobility
- 7 complementary teams working on a challenge
From challenges to solutions
During 6 facilitated ideation workshops over a period of two months, 7 multi-company teams will generate ideas and validate them on different levels
- Detailed value proposition & business model
- Feasibility checked: market, business and technical assumptions tested
- Return for stakeholders thoroughly estimated
- Reviewed by a panel of industry and academic experts
- Thorough view on how to leverage ecosystem assets to realize the use-case
- Marketable value estimated & ready for prototyping development
From solutions to prototypes
5 cross-company groups will further develop their business case into a prototype during 3 to 6 months of development cycles. A skilled scrum coach guides the group throughout the process.
- Validated hypotheses about the market, business and technical aspects
- Minimal viable product or service that passed through multiple development iterations
- Built using the Agile approach
- Prototype teams are prepared for an investor pitch
- IP scenario where each participating company of a team is respected
From prototype to large scale testing
Once the technology and the consumer value is proven, a large scale test will be started. During this demonstration the new product or service is delivered to the market under specific conditions for a period of 12 to 18 months.
- Validation by the larger market
- Identify subsidy opportunities to support prototypes
- Regulatory framework adapted if necessary